Temporary Residence Permit for Studies extension
- Starting from 01.04.2017 the TRP is issued for the duration of nominal studies.
- Only students studying on full study load can extend their temporary residence permits for study.
- Starting from 1.06.2017, people must reserve a time to apply for a residence permit or extension of residence permit from Police and Border Guard Board (PBGB) Service Office. Reservation can be done by phone +372 612 3000 or through PBGB webpage.
For extension of temporary residence permit please submit the following documents:
- Confirmation of Enrollment letter (invitation by educational institution or student organisation). This document is issued to you by the International Student Recruitment and Admissions Division (visit us U05-303 or send an e-mail to receive digitally signed document study at ttu dot ee).
- Data of close relative and family members
- A document certifying the payment of the state fee
- An identity document
- 1 colour photo of 40x50 mm
An application for temporary residence permit to be filled in on screen and printed out (please see instructions here)
By signing the application you confirm that the copy appended to the application complies with the original document, it does not contain false data and it has not been forged and
Information is also available on the Police and Border Guard Board web site
|P. Pinna |
|A.H. Tammsaaree tee 47|
|P. Pinna 4|
|Phone: +372 612 3000|
PS! All service points are closed on the last Friday of every month.
- A temporary residence permit for study shall be issued for covering the full-time curriculum of the university (Aliens Act, § 162. Requirements for educational institution and voluntary service, subsection 2). This means that residence permit for studies is not extended for students who have failed to study on a full study load.
- If you decide to travel outside Estonia, make sure your Estonian TRP card does not expire while you are abroad. You can apply for the extension in advance so that you could receive your extended residence permit card before you leave Estonia.