Degree awarded: Bachelor of Science in Engineering (BSc)
Workload: 180 ECTS
Language of instruction: English
Duration: 3 years
Pre-Requisites: secondary education
Tuition fees and scholarships: 1 ECTS = 55 EUR. Nominal study load per 1 year = 60 ECTS/€3300, 41 tuition fee waiver scholarships available that guarantee free studies. Detailed information about the scholarship is available here
The programme provides students with sufficient knowledge to undertake activities in industry with the intention of continuing education in fields like: Industrial Engineering & Management; Design & Engineering; Mechatronics; Materials and Processes for Sustainable Energetics; Distributed Energy; Software Engineering; Cyber Security.
Integrated Engineering shares knowledge in the main engineering disciplines and is based on problem-based learning – course projects are playing an essential role, enabling team working in solving different engineering problems.
This programme is the only Integrated Engineering programme in the Baltic Sea region, but there are similar programmes around the world and is possible to find places for exchange semester by Erasmus programme funding in other universities.
- Provides an understanding of social sciences, physics and engineering science fundamentals in the field of engineering
- Special courses introducing mechanical engineering, novel materials, design, power engineering, automation, ICT
- All scientific labs are new or fully renovated, specialised engineering (CAD, LabView, MatLab) computer classes, new Mektory labs
- 3D printers and laser sintering machines, 3D scanners, CNC machine tools, modern mobile and industrial robots, unmanned vehicles, VR & AR labs
- As a benefit, students gain international team work experience from different fields and are able to find solutions from larger basis
- is able to express itself in speciality in written and oral manner and is able to communicate at least in one foreign language;
- has knowledge how to use contemporary means of information technology and teamworking in everyday work;
- is able to take into part in engineering projects both in industry and R&D;
- can design new competitive environment friendly products, meeting the customers' expectations;
- knows how to use specific models to specify a system or process on the level of technological parameters, while creating and assessing alternative designs;
- has knowledge how to use the results obtained by the physical model for creation of an actual system or a process which would also comply to effective production requirements;
- has ability to critically assess the developed systems used in industry as well as own professional capability, and to plan the needed additional training.
The Integrated Engineering degree programme provides a broad engineering education. It is designed to support digitalisation of industry or so-called 4th industrial revolution/Industry 4.0 platform. Nowadays, engineering is an integration of knowledge from the fields of ICT, design, production, materials and market-orientated economic subjects. Therefore, the Bachelor diploma in integrated engineering gives the student an opportunity to start engineering activities as well as continue studies at Master’s level.
The 3 year (180 ECTS) curriculum comprises the following modules:
- Mathematics (15 ECTS)
- Social and Economic Sciences (15 ECTS)
- Exact and Natural Sciences (24 ECTS)
- Energy and Its Applications (24 ECTS)
- Information Technology (24 ECTS)
- Mechanics (18 ECTS)
- Technology and Manufacturing (24 ECTS)
- Design and Engineering (18 ECTS)
- Integrated Engineering (6 ECTS)
- Free Choice Courses (6 ECTS)
- Graduation Thesis (6 ECTS)
Please pay attention as this programme you are applying for, has specific prerequisites:
- Motivation letter (0-2 points)
- Moodle online multiple choice test
- Online interview- will be conducted only to candidates who have passed test in Moodle (0-8 points)
For each programme you apply to, an individual motivation letter (statement of purpose) must be inserted.
Please include following:
- Why are you interested in Engineering?
- Why did you choose Estonia and Tallinn University of Technology for your future studies?
- What are the reasons for you to choose a study program of Integrateded Engineering (IE)?
- Do you work or study? For how long you are working and in which field? Have you completed some other BSc programme? How many years have passed from your last training course in college, secondary school, or university?
- Name the programming languages and/or software packages you know well and are able to use.
- Describe your previous experience and competencies related to Engineering and/or Information Technology – e.g. your works and projects, skills you have mastered at training courses or by yourself, online courses you have passed, projects you have participated in, etc.
- Describe your language skills.
- Describe your international experience - have you studied or worked abroad, or have you travelled to other countries?
- List your achievements in study fields, e.g. participating in contests in Programming, Mathematics and Physics.
- Write about your interests and social activities.
PS! It is important to properly cite any sources (quotations, publications, ideas which are not your own etc.) used in your motivation letter, because to do otherwise would be plagiarism and result in disqualification.
Moodle online multiple choice test is to evaluate candidate's secondary school mathematics, physics, chemistry and information technology knowledge.
You have 30 minutes to complete the test. It is required to collect at least 60 points out of 100 to stay in the competition.
Only candidates who have passed the Moodle test will be invited to the interview.
During the interview, the following aspects will be evaluated: motivation; interests; achievements; skills and knowledge (math, physics, chemistry, information technology; English); international studying/working experience.
Threshold 5 points - applicants receiving at least 5 points get admissions to TTÜ.
For general admission requirements please visit the Admissions section.
The following is an estimation based on 2018/2019 fees:
Nominal study load for 1st year is 60 ECTS. 1 ECTS = 55 EUR. Cost: 3300 EUR.
Non-EU students must pay in advance for 60 ECTS (yearly load) before starting their studies.
A tuition-fee waiver is a non-monetary scholarship granted automatically to the best ranked candidates, according to the points earned in the course of admission. There is no separate application required. Decisions are made based on the DreamApply application. The scholarship is awarded for the whole study period. Recipients of the scholarships are required to study full-time, i.e. with a workload of at least 60 ECTS per year. If the student starts studying part-time, they will lose their tuition-fee waiver and will start paying for their studies.Scholarship
Please check here for scholarship options.
Head of programme
Prof. Tauno Otto