Cyber Security Engineering
Degree awarded: Bachelor of Science in Engineering (BSc)
Workload: 180 ECTS
Language of instruction: English
Duration: 3 years
Pre-Requisites: secondary education
Tuition fee: €2400 per academic year
The curriculum is designed to provide higher education in the broad domain of Cyber Security, integrating Software Development and IT Systems Administration. Graduates of this curriculum will be able to independently design, operate and manage secure IT systems.
After graduating you will be able to:
- understand the whole lifespan of IT systems;
- develop, test and distribute information systems with focus on administration and security;
- perform information systems security testing based on standards and best practices;
- design, develop and implement information systems security procedures;
- master the basics of information systems administration, and administer development and testing environments;
- understand and act by the ethical norms of the field.
The 3 year (180 ECTS) curriculum comprises the following modules:
- Basic Skills (24 ECTS)
- Fundamentals of Information Technology (63 ECTS)
- Cyber Security (21 ECTS)
- IT Systems Administration (18 ECTS)
- IT Systems Development (18 ECTS)
- Internship (24 ECTS)
- Free Choice Courses (6 ECTS)
- Graduation Thesis (6 ECTS)
Please pay attention as this programme you are applying for, has specific prerequisites:
- Motivation letter
- Moodle test
- Online interview
Threshold at least 6 points in each part - applicants receiving the required points get admissions to TTÜ.
For each programme you apply to, an individual motivation letter must be inserted.
Please include following:
- Why are you interested in the field of information technology (IT)?
- Why did you choose Estonia and TTÜ IT College for your future studies?
- What are the reasons for you to choose a career in cyber security?
- Do you work? For how long and in which field?
- Name the programming languages in which you have written at least 1000 lines of code.
- Name the operating systems that you have installation experience with.
- Describe your previous experience and competencies related to IT – e.g. your works and projects, skills you have mastered at training courses or by yourself, online IT courses you have passed, free and open-source software projects you have participated in, list of Github, Bitbucket and other social coding repositories, etc.
- If you do not have previous IT experience, please show your motivation by participating in at least one online course about programming, such as Codecademy Python http://www.codecademy.com/en/tracks/python.
Once you have passed the course, please add a screenshot of your profile data showing the level of the passed course.
- List your achievements in other fields, e.g. participating in contests in Mathematics and Physics.
- Write about your interests and social activities.
The test contains five exercises based on logic, algorithmic thinking and generally recognized basic mathematics at a typical international high school level.
Candidate will have 4 hours to complete the test.
Only candidates who have succesfully passed the Moodle test will be invited to the online interview.
The interview is a personal interview which explains your wishes - why you decided to learn cyber security engineering, as well as why you want to do it in Tallinn, Estonia during our bachelor's programme.
For general admission requirements please visit the Admissions section.