Welcome to the Organic Chemistry at Tallinn University of Technology (TTÜ; Tallinna Tehnikaülikool). This is the gateway to synthetic organic chemistry-related research and the research groups active across TTÜ. We are based at the Department of Chemistry and Biotechnology, TTÜ School of Science.
The bedrock of organic chemistry research at TTÜ dates back to 1930s and the early work of Paul Kogermann on the oil shale chemistry as well as the Estonian Science Academy Chemistry Institute established back in the 1940s. Other notable Professors include Agu Aarna, Hugo Raudsepp, and Ülo Lille.
Our current research portfolio is well diversified and covers several branches of applied organic chemistry, including
1. Computational Chemistry - Prof Toomas Tamm (b. 1965)
2. Catalysis – Prof Tõnis Kanger (b. 1959)
3. Molecular Science – Dr. Pavel Starkov (b. 1983)
4. Organic Chemistry – Prof Margus Lopp (b. 1949)
5. Green Chemistry - Prof Nicholas Gathergood (b.1972) / prestigious Pilot Call FP7 ERA Chair
6. Supramolecular Chemistry - Docent Riina Aav (b.1972).