- Welcome to Adrien Russo, guest PhD student from Université Côte d'Azur. Adrien will spend three months at T.J. Seebeck Department of Electronics to work on distribution of artificial neural networks in wireless sensors with applications to energy-efficient smart cities. In this context, his PhD supervisors Francois Verdier and Benoit Miramond also visited our department to discuss the scientific and technical challenges of the research project.
- On 21-26 October 2018, Peter Koch from Aalborg University (Denmark) visited us in the framework of the Erasmus+ programme.
As part of his visit, he gave:
- One PhD seminar: “Energy-Aware Scheduling of FIR Filter Structures Using a Timed Automata Model”,
- Two MSc lectures: “An Introduction to the Design of RTL Architectures for DSP Algorithms” and “Considerations on Power Consumption and Power Reduction in CMOS based Circuits”
- One presentation: “An Introduction to Problem Based Learning Conducted at Aalborg University”
In addition, we had discussions on potential collaborations in terms of project and joint funding applications.
- 2 April to 7 July 2018: PhD student Yohann Rioual from Lab-STICC/Université de Bretagne Sud is visiting us. During his stay, Yohann will work on issues related to reinforcement learning for energy management in low power IoT, approximate computing, and near-sensing computing.
- 6-13 March 2017: Prof. Yu-Cheng Fan [Personal Webpage at NTUT], National Taipei University of Technology (NTUT), Taiwan. Visit financed by an Estonian-Taiwanese agreements of scientific cooperation travel grant.
- 12-14 September 2016: Ass. Professor Claudio Sacchi [ResearchGate], University of Trento, Italy, delivered a PhD course (also open to MSc students and researchers) on "MM-wave transmission technologies for 5G". Visit financed by an Erasmus+ grant.