Research topics and projects
RND integrates effectively its two main research fields: (1) Public Administration and Management; and (2) Innovation Policy and Technology Governance leading to a rather unique research profile.
Throughout the two fields, RND specializes uniquely into interdisciplinary research at the crossroads of public policy and implementation. Our research looks at how policies are implemented and how the implementation processes feed back into policy making and in fact change policies. Thus, RND deals with evolutionary changes in policy and implementation practices. This approach can be applied to any area of policy making and indeed to any area of human activity where governments have any role to play.
The main research topics of RND are:
- innovation, innovation strategies, innovation policies and economic development (Technology Governance);
- governance, public management reforms and catching-up processes;
- e-government and e-governance;
- small states and public management;
- small states and innovation policy and development;
- financial policies and economic development;
- regional policy and regional development;
- philosophy of science.