CoMET- Maritime Education for Modern Seagoing
The main aim of project CoMET (Internationally Competitive Maritime Education for Modern Seagoing and High-Quality Port Services) is to enhance maritime safety and to increase maritime business in the Central Baltic region by providing internationally competitive maritime education and training for seafarers (according to STCW-78 requirements) and port employees.
Project partners are Joint Educational Authority of Kotka-Hamina Region (lead partner), South-Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences, Estonian Maritime Academy (EMERA), Novia University of Applied Sciences (Aboa Mare) and Ida-Virumaa Vocational Education Centre.
EMERA-s budget is 317 105 €, of which ERDF funding 266 368,20 €.
During the Project it is planned to:
- Connect EMERA simulator centre to European Maritime Simulators Network;
- Harmonize project partners simulator centres software and hardware to link them in the same Network;
- Development of common simulator-based teaching methodology and pedagogical approach to sufficiently carry out cross-border simulator training;
- Development of common logistic/cargo handling teaching methodology and pedagogy;
- Integration of new vessel dynamic positioning system to EMERA simulator centre and the development of new study programs.
Duration of the Project: 01.03.2018 – 28.02.2021.